The third eye is known as the third eye chakra. Best symbolized with wisdom, intuition, and having a sixth sense.
Out of the 7 chakras, the third eye is the sixth chakra, located in the middle of the forehead.
And, considered one of the most powerful chakras, because of it’s intuitive psychic energy.
When the third eye becomes open, your mind is able to perceive more information outside of the normal sensations and perceptions.
The third eye is linked with the pineal gland. Which is a very small pea size gland located in the center of the brain.
Many ancient cultures, religions, and philosophies have linked the mystical spiritual connection with the pineal gland.
If your third eye is open, you will perceive the world differently to someone else. You will most probably either see or feel energy, especially in nature.
The first time I opened my third eye, was an amazing experience. I could feel and see energy in everything. It was truly life-changing.
So, how do you open your third eye?
Keep reading below, and I’ll share the top techniques to start seeing the world through your third eye.
1. Start A Daily Meditation Routine To Unblock The Third Eye Chakra
Meditation has numerous benefits, for your mental and physical health.
One key area of meditation is allowing the natural flow of energy through the body.
When the ego-mind is constantly thinking, our energy chakras can become blocked.
This is why meditation is so important to unblock the third eye chakra. And, allowing the natural flow of energy.
When learning how to meditate, there are many different types of meditation to choose from.
Getting started with meditation involves finding a meditation that suits your lifestyle.
Focus your meditations on clearing your chakras and opening your third eye.
The instructions below outline a technique for opening the third eye:
- Find a peaceful & quiet place, either in your home or outdoors in nature. Try to find somewhere with few distractions.
- Take 3 deep breaths in, feel the air enter your lungs, and progress down into your stomach.
- And, slowly exhale, letting all the air back out of your body.
- Now start to just be self-aware of the current moment.
- Become aware of any thoughts which appear.
- Without judgment, let thoughts come & simply bring your attention back to the present moment.
- Start to now put your focus and awareness on your third eye, in the center of your forehead.
- Imagine a white glowing energy flowing through your forehead, and down your body through the spine.
- This white glowing energy is unblocking and re-energizing your chakras.
- Continue for 10-15 minutes.
2. Start Eating Healthy & Exercise Regularly
We consist of an energy body, called the biofield and our physical body.
Meditation helps unblock our energy body. Therefore, we also need to be eating and training to rejuvenate our physical body.
Both the physical and energy body should synchronize and flow together. The third eye chakra will then become stronger.
Focus your diet on eating highly nutritious whole-foods. And, try to limit any processed-foods.
Try to include a variety of whole foods from the following macronutrient groups:
- Lean meats
- Browe\White rice
- Whole-wheat pasta
- Sweet\White potato
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chia seeds
- Green leafy vegetables (spinach, broccoli, leafy salads)
3. Start Kundalini Yoga To Awaken The Third Eye
Learning Kundalini yoga is great for increasing self-awareness & unblocking your chakras, especially the third eye chakra.
Kundalini yoga is considered a powerful physical & spiritual practice. Similarly, great for improving your mood.
When starting Kundalini yoga, it’s best to find an instructor or find videos with demonstrations.
One important part of Kundalini yoga is the focus of white energy around the head. You can wear a white scarf around your head for this reason.
The white energy will help unblock the third eye chakra, while removing negative trapped energy.
Here are some instructions to follow for Kundalini yoga practise:
- Start by sitting in a comfortable position, have your legs crossed and your spine in a neutral position.
- Your palms can be placed together in front of your chest.
- Close your eyes & focus on the center of your forehead. Each breath can be divided into four short breaths.
- Hold each breath, and then exhale.
- Break the external breath again into four parts.
- Try to take around 5-8 seconds on each breath cycle.
4. Use Plant Medicines To Unlock The Third Eye
These indigenous shamanistic traditions date all the way back several thousand years in South America.
The compound used in Ayahuasca is called DMT (or dimethyltryptamine), which is similar to Psilocybin, as it becomes a neurotransmitter.
The substances work by interfering with natural senses & perceptions, allowing a heightened state of awareness.
Our normal persepctions and senses are limited by our finite mind (ego).
Plant-based medicines remove the filter, allowing more awareness or consciousness to be perceived.
For this reason, the third eye chakra can flow naturally while using psychedelics or plant-based medicines.
Above all, it’s important to have a certified Sharman with you during a ceremony.
The experience is very powerful, and these substances need to be taken with care.
In conclusion, there are many different ways to open your third eye chakra. These are just a few which I’ve personally had great success.
Follow your intuition and your journey will show you the correct path.
The following program is great if you’re wanting to transform your mind & body.
And, it’s had great success from the mindbodyz community.
Leave a comment below, let us know what your journey has been like so far with opening your third eye!